Thursday 5 April 2012

My Style Icons Of The 60's

TAKE ME BACK TAKE ME BACK TAKE ME BACK.
I feel like i belong in this era, I wish I could go back and LIVE it and be a baby boomer.
the swinging sixties, all I can do is read about it and wish I was there.
"It was as though the fashion world had suddenly discovered colour and freedom. A kaleidoscopic liberation took place after centuries of restriction"
Edie Sedgewick.


Jane Birkin



& Marianne Faithfull



Currently I am reading. . .

The whole book is amazing, but here’s a few snippets from the fashion section!



Another amazing lady, 'the smile of the sixties' Jean Shrimpton July 1996 
With Lesby Hornby, better known as Twiggy 1967. 



February 1967 Twiggy displays one item from a fashion collection that she was 
about to launch in the United States.



Skirting the issue. By 1969, the mini had lost some ground to the maxi, which was deemed to be equally 
sexy because of what it didn't reveal. . .

Love Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment