Wednesday 27 June 2012

Victory Rolls

Lately I've become quite obsessed with the 1940's and how beautiful and elegant the women were, from the hairstyles down to the pig skin gloves. I was visiting a countryside town called Bedale and came across a poster which to my absolute delight was a 1940's inspired weekend in Leyburn, which is around an hour away from my home. I am determined to go and I'm hoping I can get people interested to join me, you can even camp in evacuee shelters!
(this is last years poster)


I was peeking through photographs from the event last year and everyone was tied in with the theme dressed to the nines as they tottered around vintage stalls and posed with the classic cars. I was so excited by this that I gathered lots of inspirational images to construct my own potential look.




I spot Flatforms ^^^^







Today I tried to conquer the hairstyle, first challenge: Victory Rolls. Youtube tutorials are very helpful, and there's lots to choose from for these kind of retro hairstyles. I was quite impressed with myself for a first attempt!






Love Emily x


No comments:

Post a Comment